Kenny Hogan - Lyrics & Poetry

A Collection of words, ideas, poetry, and half finished song lyrics.


After the wake,
I drove slowly, up the hill,
through my old neighborhood,
in half seen glimpses, and fleeting glances,
from the corners, of my mind's eye,
I saw the ghost of myself as a child,

I saw all the old houses,
vaguely remembering the names of the families

But they're all gone now,
every one.

Even the old School has been torn down and leveled,
taken away from us,
brick by brick,


I round the corner,
driving through my own evaporated dreams,
and down the hill,
where we used to sled,

I drive even slower,
as I approach our fine old house,
where my magical childhood once took place,

I pass the big circle tree,
We used to climb laughing,
up through it's mighty branches,

We could see Boston,
far away,
Mom's voice,
"Get down from there!"

I drive up in front,
that house, full of memories,
stands there looking at me,

and I wish I could go home,
once more, just once more,

No lights on,
no cookies in the oven,
no one has shoveled the walk the way I used to,

I stop, and peer, into the kitchen window,

Imagining... or did I see?

my mother's silhouette,
walking by the darkened window,

but she's gone,
and she always will be,

me too...soon...

and then no one will know

1 comments:

Thats Deep!
Joe Hannagan

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

About this blog




My name is Kenny Hogan and I write a lot of songs.
Sometimes I don't finish what I start.
Other times I just get a few phrases and save them for later. There are notebooks crammed with these half finished songs all over my house.
I'm going through them and posting the most promising ideas here.
Maybe I'll finish them later. Maybe I won't.
We'll see...



These are works in progress.
Archives.
Fragments of unsolved puzzles.

Maybe they'll become songs some day.



"Write it down, it might be read,
Nothing's better left unsaid."

- Procol Harum



Have you heard my music?

KENNY HOGAN: Frank's Imperial

Followers